Permits are required for any alteration, demolition or addition to any building on any property in the Village.
- Installation of heating systems, inlcuding wood, pellet or corn stoves, chimney, or the repalcement of any of these
- Installation or repair of septic systems, including tanks and leach fields
- Construction, and/or replacement or demolition of structures including garages
- Additions to existing structures
- Repair or replacement of foundations
- Placement of storage sheds on property
- Installation or replacement of swimming pools
- Replacement of porches and decks
- Installation or replacement of windows and door when the structure is altered
These are in accordance with the New York State Buidling & Fire Codes
The use of outdoor wood or other fuel-buring furnances are prohibited within the Village of West Winfield
Please contact the Village Clerk's Office at 822-3051 to obtain a permit or answer your questions.